We are excited that you’re interested in writing for the Hippie Network! To help you get going, here are some more details about what we’re looking for.
The Hippie Network is a collection of blogs about eco-living. We are not a news website – we simply can’t compete with Treehugger, Huffington Post Green and the others. That’s ok, we want to be a source for only the coolest green innovations, news, and resources.
The network is comprised of three blogs:
Hippie Magazine – All about eco innovations: products, gadgets, technology and policies that innovate. We are looking for fresh ideas and new takes on solving the climate crisis.
Eco Host Reviews – A blog about green web hosting. We report on new green web hosts, what it means to be a green web host and announcements for new services/new techniques for eco friendly web hosting.
The Greenwashing Blog – Dedicated to greenwashing, examples of companies or individuals making false claims of environmental friendliness.
The Hippie Network expands:
The Hippie Network has now changed ownership to TDS Information Service, publishers of the influential climate change blog GlobalWarmingisReal and The History Blog Project. Please check those sites out and let us know if you have any interest in contributing to those projects.
Here are some tips on what we’re looking for
We are looking for in-depth, well researched posts on one of the three topics above. Here are some examples of the kinds of posts we need more of:
Please don’t just make a list and call it a post. List items should have some explanation, additional resources, details and/or screenshots. Please make screenshots and post images no more than 650 pixels wide and of high quality. Image height can be any size.
We are happy to offer editorial help and may ask you to make several revisions before the final post.
Some legal stuff:
- When you guest-blog for the Hippie Network, you will receive full credit for the post including an author blurb and an author page. You may provide the text for this blurb as well as a few links of your choice (nothing inappropriate or illegal). Also, please keep the self promotion to a minimum.
- No affiliate links are allowed in posts.
- If you link back to one of your own websites, it must be a relevant and appropriate reference.
- Absolutely no plagiarism. Your content should (always) be of your own creation.
- By submitting your content to be published on the Hippie Network, we become the rightful owners of the content. Although it will always remain a creation of yours, the content itself belongs to us and can be distributed as we see fit. Further, you may not republish the content anywhere without the expressed consent of the editor.
If you’re still interested in writing for us, we’d like to have you submit a sample of your work. Writers just starting out with us are unpaid – but wait! Don’t go yet! Writers that demonstrate skill and commitment will be considered for a paid freelance position on our team of writers. We’d love to pay writers right out of the gate, and we know that writing is most often an undervalued skill. But the reality is that we need to find those writers with the skill and determination to deliver the goods over time before we can commit our resources. We’re looking to grow a team of talented contributors, so if you’re interested in a building a long term relationship with a growing network of green-focused blogs, we’d be happy to have you submit a sample to get the process started.